Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cherry Canyon Park, La Canada Flintridge

The magnificent Angeles mountains.

I recently found this gem in my own backyard (a few miles from my home). It's a beautiful collection of trails and can range from easy to difficult depending on how long you go. I opted for a 1.5 mile loop called the Conservancy Trail (I think) and am hoping to explore more:


To get to the trailhead, take the Verdugo exit off of the 2 North, turn right. Then a right on Descanso Dr. and a right on Padres Trail. Then a left of Forest Hill Dr and follow to the top of the road. You can also get there via the intersection of Hampstead Rd and Cherry Canyon Mtwy. I went during sunset on a previously hot day and the weather was perfect.

Here are some photos from the excursion:





 Rita likes to chase rocks.






She also likes to climb up (and jump off) cliffs:


Such perfect weather and beautiful views. Makes me want to go again tonight! 
On your way back down the 2 freeway, 
you'll be able to see an amazing view of downtown LA in all its glory.

No comments: