Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yosemite National Park

Road Trip, day 1-2: Fresno, CA and Yosemite National Park
We met up with Jenni and Jonny (my sister and brother) and stayed the night in Fresno at my cousin's house. It's always nice to see them. We ate dinner and played word games... family feud, password and taboo. It was a blast.
Yosemite was crowded and we had to park 2 miles away from the trail head. Because we had the dogs with us, we couldn't take the shuttle either. So we had to cut our hike a little short, but it was still an amazing 8 miles. Yosemite is one of my favorite places on earth. When you drive around the bend that reveals half dome and el capitan, my heart just soars. I was giddy with excitement... yes, giddy like a little school girl. We ended the day in San Jose, where we stayed with our friends Courtney and George, who just moved there. It was delightful. Here are some of my favorite photos from these two days.
The tall trees make me feel so small... in a good way.


Mountain Adventurers:





Me, Sam and the dogs near the base of the waterfall:
Jonny flexing his muscles, as usual. ;)
My sister Jenni, admiring the mist.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

good times. love the shots!