Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Clutter

(my personal living room/dining room clutter)

I've been trying to expand my collection of interior design and architecture ideas. By doing so, I've also been exploring a website called "The Selby" (interesting people and their creative spaces). And I've noticed that nearly every home has extensive clutter. This is mostly contradictory in the modern design world, where modern homes have this clean, minimal look.
(click here, beautiful design work)
Yes, looks great, but where do they put their clutter? I mean we all have it, despite some efforts to purge ourselves of it, and it seems to grow more each year. I think Sam and I have bought three bookcases/shelving units over the last year just to somewhat take a hold of this thing we call clutter. I'm wondering if anyone out there has different creative ways they deal with clutter. Feel free to post pictures or comments. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: