Saturday, January 01, 2011

Boney Mtn: Hidden Valley

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hope everyone had a great time bringing in the new year! We had four different bands playing acoustic sets at our house. It was a lot of fun. Today I've just been relaxing all day. :)

Two days ago, I went to hike Boney Mountain. Unfortunately, the trail that I planned on going on didn't allow dogs, so we took another trail to the Hidden Valley Lookout. It was beautiful and I hope to go back soon to do the Boney Mountain trail.
If you take the 101 west to Newbury Park and exit Wendy drive, you drive south til it hits a dirt lot and park there. (Be careful to keep your belongings with you, there was a series of break-ins the morning I was there, although I don't think this is common).
There are a lot of trails in this park that all kind of come together at some point, but it's easy to get lost, so take a map along if you can, or just plan to explore a bit.

Hidden Valley Outlook with the snow-capped Mt Baldy over 100 miles away.

Neat rock formations in mountains:
Rita, the adventure dog:




No comments: