Friday, May 27, 2011

Verdugo Mountain climb

Here are some pictures of the Verdugo Mountain climb. I started at the "Nature Walk" path at Brand Library and just kept taking the dirt road up and up. If I wasn't sure which way to go, I'd go to the right. There were lots of colors (and lots of bees/flies).
After the first big climb, there is a nice plateau with benches to look out on the city, all of the valley to the west, and downtown L.A. to the south-east.
Since I had another hour or so, I decided to keep climbing. I didn't expect to make it to the tower in the picture below, but this path was just so enticing...
Here's another picture about halfway up. This trail was pretty difficult. If you are taking the 134 East, it is really easy to see this trail from the freeway.
Not the best panorama seam, but I loved the hawk in this photo!
Rita and I made it to the top! The path meets up with another roadway that continues throughout the mountain range.
The way back was probably the roughest part of the hike, since the dirt was quite slippery at such a steep slope.
Then we took another path back down through the canyon. The flowers were in full bloom.

Overall it was 3.5 miles and I think took 1.5-2 hours, I can't quite remember. Here is the map: And one last panorama for you... the seams didn't turn out that great, but if you click on the photo, you can see a pretty clear 180 degree view:

No comments: