Friday, October 28, 2011

Wildwood Park, Thousand Oaks

Wildwood Regional Park is an incredible park with several trails. The address is 928 W Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks. I did a quick mile loop one morning before work and had a wonderful time.  There is also a good 3-mile loop in this park and you can see some photos (I was still experimenting with HDR at the time, so some are a bit too saturated) from that hike here: 
Here is the topography map:

  It starts out on the plateaus...

with lovely plants and cactai.

I didn't take this trail, but it leads to the tee-pee and downhill to Paradise falls.
 
This was my favorite view of the morning. I loved the way the hills were silhouetted by the fog and light.

 
The trail starts to decend into the canyon:

And back up the canyon with lovely bouts of cactai:



A stunning panoramic view:
 
 And some beautiful scenes at the end of the trail:
 

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Digging the pics...
How do you do the topography map? I want to do that for my hikes.