Friday, March 19, 2010

SXSW update #1: Rogue Wave

The Idyllists had three shows yesterday and two today. The first at the Thirsty Nickel with DL Music was great. The second was at a music hall in Taylor, TX. The place used to be in Austin, and they sort of advertised the show as part of SXSW, but it was about an hour away in the middle of nowhere. And it was pure Texas. Playing in front of a mural-size American Flag, the boys sounded great.
I was pulled from my seat by the only dancing girl: a teenager with plenty of jangles, who was on the dance team and had to dance. She credited the success of the show to her constant movement, and getting more people like myself to dance. It was slightly annoying, yet pretty hilarious.

The highlight of the night, besides seeing my amazingly talented husband play so well, was after waiting in line for about 40 minutes, I got to see the last half of Rogue Wave's show. It was fantastic! I saw them a few years ago and was not impressed, even though I had loved their record "Descended Like Vultures." But wow, they blew me away tonight! Here are a few of my favorite photos:

(The picture below is Friday's photo of the week #7)
Road trip pics will be coming! Santa Fe was beautiful and Austin is amazing.

No comments: