Monday, April 05, 2010

New Craft Projects

I made a pillow for my friends Andy and Danny, and their daughter-to-come Zoey:
(The back of the pillow is the same fabric as the front-middle square.)

And I crocheted a squid for my friends Dallas and Courtney, and their daughter-to-come Samantha:
(picture taken by Dallas)

(picture taken by Sam)

I have been wearing glasses for a while because my eye doctor told me my eyes were so dry and scratched she wasn't quite sure how my contacts were staying in my eyes.

Sitting at a computer all day...? Check.
Stress...? Check.
Caffeine...? Check.

I'm trying to heal the eyes with some eye drops and time wearing glasses. I'd prefer to have Jesus throw mud on my eyes and tell me to go wash in the river. But he already used that on someone else, so I'll have to do with eye drops. ;)

This weekend was nice. My sister came into town and we had many nice conversations and good meals. Easter was a good day. I'm always humbled remembering Jesus' death on the cross and resurrection from the dead. This quote from the Bible really touched me this past Sunday, and I thought I'd share it with you:

One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: “Aren’t you the Christ? Save yourself and us!”
But the other criminal rebuked him. “Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Jesus answered him, “I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise.”

No comments: